- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission on this website only. Dates will be announced.
- Entry fee for each participant / team member is $5.00. Payment will be due by dates to be announced per each contest.
- Each team is to submit one story per contest.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadlines. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- The story may not have been previously published. All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s). Credit for participation must be given to each team member.
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers and participants must be credited on title page.
- If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be equally divided among the winning teams members.
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are not allowed. Please proofread very carefully before submitting.
- All ownership and rights to the material submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English.
- The material must be written during the contest time span.
- The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, a third party prior to entering the competition.
- Any submitted work that becomes optioned, published, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period will no longer be eligible.
- Stories must be submitted in the designated area with standard font.
- All material must be submitted electronically or it will not be eligible.
The top 3 finalists will be chosen based on member votes. The top 3 finalists will be notified by email. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in verification of eligibility. Any entrant may be deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of Winsomebooks. The selected 3 winner teams will be notified by e-mail 2-3 weeks after the final deadline. Finalists may be required to sign and return within seven (7) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release and Indemnification and any other documents that Winsomebooks or any other partner may require before receiving prizes. Failure to respond to the initial notification within ten (10) days or return of notification will result in disqualification. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
Winsomebooks or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this contest claims no ownership nor first right of option to any original short story submitted to this contest. All ownership and rights to the material submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
All entries are non-refundable.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless Winsomebooks.org, Winsomebooks.net its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, Prize contributors, judges, readers, Sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and every one of their respective members, owners, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the story by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Winsomebooks.org, Winsomebooks.net and its Sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize. Employees of Winsomebooks.org or Winsomebooks.net and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law.